Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Touching Base

Just wanted to touch base with everyone and apologize for not posting anything for the past week. I have not been idle, however.

Years ago I had what I thought was a great idea for a children's book. I have thought about it off and on ever since. Many times I thought to myself that I really should try to write this story. I have spent the last week doing just that. I know that a week isn't a very long time to write a book but, again, it is a children's book and not a novel. Also, like I said, I have been thinking about the story for years. Once I actually sat down at the keyboard it flowed pretty well. I wrote most of it in two days and spent the rest of the week tweaking it and editing for grammar, spelling, etc. I'm still not completely done but have gotten the story to a point where I think it is a pretty good first draft.

I have done more than just write it; however, I've actually sent the first draft to an illustrator. He thought my concept was a good one and has agreed to work with me on the project. I'm pretty excited by the whole thing.

Needless to say, the story does relate to the type of content I post on this site. I will update you all with more details as the project moves forward. In the meantime, there is more than enough going on out there to keep me busily writing for this site. I'll have something new posted within a day or two.

My best...

No comments:

Post a Comment