Monday, January 5, 2009

Good Ol' Teddy

I mentioned in my last post that I have been the target of much ridicule as a result of my sighting and interest in the bigfoot phenomenon. Whenever I begin to get discouraged as a result of this sort of treatment I go back and read a quote made by President Theodore Roosevelt many years ago. I keep the quote on the wall in my office. It never fails to energize me and put the negativity of the arm chair quarterbacks in the rear view mirror. Maybe it will do the same for some of you.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt

1 comment:

  1. I'm rather fond of that quote myself Mike (thumbs up).

    ReplyDelete