Friday, July 2, 2010

MIA

I thought I would post an update just to let everyone know that I am alive and well. I have received a couple of emails asking if I was still going to continue with the blog and if everything was ok.

Everything is fine. I just decided to take some vacation. I am actually pretty proud of myself. I put my cell phone and laptop away and didn't fool with either of them for about two weeks. I must admit to having some withdrawal the first day or so but quickly began to enjoy my technology sabbatical.

I have spent a lot of time with my family. We took in the show Wicked in Houston this past weekend. I highly recommend seeing it if you get the chance. Simply terrific. I also saw a couple of movies with the kids. Toy Story 3 gets an A+ while the Karate Kid gets a C+, in my opinion.

I have also been doing some reading. I really like reading the classics but I couldn't tear myself completely away from the subject of cryptozoology. So, I compromised and started reading Gulliver's Travels. If you are confused as to how Gulliver's Travels relates to cryptozoology I will clear it up for you with a future entry shortly. It is really quite an interesting connection.

There has also been a fair share of yard work, some pretty mediocre golf, and an unsuccessful attempt to get into the World Cup. I realize that the rest of the world is simply soccer crazy but I don't get it. My theory is they only like it so much because they don't have the NFL or MLB.

I really want to keep this site up and running for a long time. However, judging by the number of sites that have come and gone just since I started, that is easier said than done. So, I decided that the moment I felt like writing it had become work or felt stressed to get an update of some sort online simply because a few days had passed since my last entry I would back off and take some time to rejuvenate. Hopefully, doing so will help me avoid burn out.

I appreciate those of you who have emailed expressing concern. I plan on getting back to all of you soon. Be patient with me as I am behind in my correspondence. Just know that all is well and I plan on ramping things up again ASAP.

My best...

No comments:

Post a Comment