Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Source: Ivory-Billed Woodpecker Photos Inconclusive

I have received some interesting information from a source close to the Daniel Rainsong/Ivory-Billed Woodpecker situation. I'm afraid the information he has provided is far from surprising. Basically, as has been suggested at various other internet sites, Mr. Rainsong's recountings of events surrounding his alleged sighting have not proven to be consistent. Also, in the opinion of this source, the photos provided by Mr. Rainsong do not clearly depict an Ivory-billed woodpecker.

There is more I would like to share but I don't feel it would be prudent, for various reasons, to do so at this time. Rest assured, however, that I have passed along the most pertinent information of which I am aware regarding this claim. Hopefully, certain circumstances will change which will allow me to share some additional particulars regarding this whole episode.

So, this one is smelling worse by the day. I hope I'm wrong. I hope Mr. Rainsong can produce more convincing evidence. I won't be holding my breath, however.

2 comments:

  1. The Rainsong story at this point is a joke (...except that I ain't laughin'). He should just come clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos inconclusive. Big surprise. Oh well. Still, "Hope springs eternal in the human breast." I think the species continues to exist.

    ReplyDelete