Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ground Rules

Ok, let's go over some ground rules...

I welcome any and all comments; however, I will not post any comments that include inappropriate language. I'm not a prude by any means but there is enough ugliness in the world already and I'm just not going to play that game. This is my site so my rules will be followed or your comment won't get posted. If you don't like that then start your own site. Simple.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that if you don't agree with something I write that I won't post a comment expressing disagreement. That is absolutely not true. I'm saying there is a way to get your point across without resorting to profanity and crudeness.

For example, if you don't think there is any such thing as a black panther you could say something along the lines of, "I don't believe any such animal exists. The people reporting these animals are either mistaking a known animal or pulling your leg." That comment would be posted. If you simply say, "Bull#@$%," that comment will not see the light of day.

I realize that my rules require the use of a vocabulary that goes beyond four letter words. I, too, realize that this requirement is just going to be too much for some out there to deal with. These are not the folks I want on the site anyway.

I make every effort to live my life in a positive and joyful manner. Life is too short to put up with jerks and I'll not allow those who act this way to have an outlet for hatefulness on this site.

There...I feel better.

1 comment: