Thursday, June 8, 2023

Special Announcement

 Let’s get right to it…

 

I have resigned from the NAWAC Board of Directors and will no longer serve as the Chairman for the organization. I really wasn’t planning on making an announcement about my decision but - even though I stepped down only yesterday - I have received multiple queries from people outside of the NAWAC regarding my resignation. That being the case, I felt it was better to go ahead and address the topic and put to rest any rumors as to what my motivations for stepping down might be.

 

First, this was my decision and my decision only. I wasn’t booted out or asked to resign. I remain on good terms with the other Board members. I should point out that I have NOT left the NAWAC and will remain a member of the organization. I have only stepped down from the Board of Directors. The NAWAC is a wonderful organization. In my opinion, it is the finest group out there attempting to get to the bottom of the sasquatch conundrum. If the ultimate answer regarding the reality of these creatures is going to come from a research group, my money is on the NAWAC being that group. All is well there.

 

Second, I am not suffering some sort of health crisis. Other than being very tired, I am fine. I suppose exhaustion could be considered a physical ailment, but there is nothing bigger than that going on with me. I just needed to step back and recharge a bit. In order to do so, I felt it only right to step aside from my leadership position. To that end, I will be taking the summer off with the hopes of picking up my research activities in the fall.

 

For those of you who don’t know, I am a long time History teacher and, until the last few years, coach. As a coach, I know that after a while players can tune you out. Over time, your stories, metaphors, and motivational speeches have all been heard. Such things are less impactful the second or third time they are offered up. It is the same here. I thought it best to step aside before my message became stale and redundant. I think a new voice is needed, someone with fresh perspectives to offer. I care too much about the NAWAC and its mission to become an impediment.

 

I suppose that about covers it. Again, all is well; it is just time to step aside and pursue other dreams.

 

I am hopeful that I will now have more time and energy to dedicate to writing, blogging, and some other projects I have in mind. I already feel a lightness that I have not felt for a very long time. I have completed another non-fiction book and will be shopping it this summer. This one is not related to my cryptozoological endeavors; rather, it is compilation of the funniest and most touching moments of my teaching/coaching career. I think there might be an audience for it; after all, there are a LOT of teachers out there. I also have a new short story nearly completed and the first four chapters of a novel done. More on those things as they develop.

 

The Texas Cryptid Hunter blog is the foundation from which all of my writing endeavors have sprung. I have not been diligent in keeping it up over the last few years but am determined to get it going again. I love writing the blog and feel there is more to be said about an abundance of topics and more tales of weird encounters that took place in the Lone Star State (and beyond) to be told. A new post is in the works and I plan on getting back to it as soon as I wrap this one up.

 

So, there you have it. My resignation from the NAWAC Board of Directors really boils down to one thing and one thing only…

 

…it was time.

No comments:

Post a Comment