Saturday, August 11, 2018

Interview with a Black Panther Witness

Following is a short interview I did with a young lady who claims to have had an encounter with a large, long-tailed black cat on her family's property outside of Greenville, Texas. A more extensive interview  had already taken place, which prompted my visit. This brief conversation took place at the actual location of the sighting.

*NOTE* : I made an error when I said the incident took place along the Trinity River. The incident took place along the Sabine River. Getting this video uploaded was surprisingly difficult so I did to want to redo it. The important part of the video is what the young lady had to say and not how I introduced the interview, OR I'm just lazy, lol.

I did an audio only interview as the witness is very young (7th grader) and I did not want to put her photo or likeness up on the internet. I'm sure you can all understand why. Her account is very simple and matter-of-fact. Her older brother and a friend had an encounter of their own later while out hog hunting on the property. He was away at college when I visited so I could not interview him on video or audio recorder.




I thought  it would be interesting for some of you who are following these reports to hear an actual voice associated with a sighting. I should be checking the cameras on the property in the next month or so.

If you would like to know more about where black panther sightings are taking place in Texas, visit my interactive black panther sightings distribution map. More than 150 credible sightings have been charted. If you would really like to dive into the topic pick up a copy of my book on the subject titled Shadow Cats: The Black Panthers of North America. It is full of color photographs and, at 240 pages, a fairly quick read. You can pick it up at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and anywhere online books are sold. Click one of the links above or the photo of the book to the right in the margin, if interested.

1 comment:

  1. I live in Kennard,TX in the middle of the Davy Crockett National Forest.. Pine trees forever.. Back in 2004, I was not so much a hunter, but a watcher of wild animals; Hogs, deer, bobcats, Fox, birds, coyotes, wolves.. I was completely fascinated and still am to this day.. I have seen a lot of strange wild animals and most in the craziest of places.. in 2004, I was at my parents property in the back by a huge creek, pasture, and a circle of tree line.. I and my husband often went to shine for deer or go out there any time of day pretty much and see at least 50-100 deer at any given time. That particular day I went by myself after work. It had rained for days and it was extremely muddy and wet. I got to the top of the hill and there it was!! The most beautiful amazing scary heavenly huge night black creature was just standing there by the tree line close to our creek. It was like nothing I had ever seen before and probably never will again! It was beautiful but massive.. most beautiful cat I had ever seen in my life. It walked the tree line about 10 steps then it would stop, turn around and look at my truck and do the same thing over again until it slipped into the tree line. I was speechless!!! I told my dad but he actually didn’t believe me! ???? 2 years later he saw the exact cat and apologized to me. This was a black and I mean midnight black panther. God is Great!!

    ReplyDelete