Saturday, July 7, 2018

Update to Black Panther Sightings Distribution Map

I have just updated my interactive black panther sightings distribution map to include the latest reports. You can visit the map by clicking here.


Once you get to the map, you can click on any pin to get a brief description of the sighting details, zoom in or out, and see the date the incident was reported to me. As you will see, the sightings continue to be reported more often in the eastern half of the state.

Check it out and if you have questions or a sighting account of your own you would like to report just send me an email at Texascryptidhunter@yahoo.com.

2 comments:

  1. Arlan Andrews, Sr.July 10, 2018 at 6:05 PM

    About 1951, on Lawson Road, 8 miles south of Little Rick, Arkansas, a friend and I were walking one afternoon when a large black panther ran across the road, from woods on one side to woods on the other. We were lucky that it wasn’t hungry, I guess. Panthers were common in central Arkansas back then, so I was somewhat surprised years late to read that they were extinct and supposedly did not exist there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw one cross a dirt road about 12-14 feet in front of me on the LA/TX line in the Sabine river bottom in DeSoto Parish LA about 6 miles below Logansport. I was riding an ATV and it happened back in 1990. It was a huge black cat with a small pointy head. Its neck seemed bigger around than its head. I thought that was odd. It was about 7-8 feet long tail and all. Several others I know have seen them in the same area. You can find lots of huge cat tracks in muddy parts of clearings around there. People says we're "crazy" or "lying" but I really saw one...very close....and it wasn't a little kitty cat. It was in the evening before sundown so it was daylight and there's no mistaking what I saw. I'm so glad I got to see one. It was a thrill!

    ReplyDelete