Friday, April 20, 2018

Black Panther Sightings Distribution Map Updated

I have charted the latest round of black panther sightings in Texas and the updated black panther sightings distribution map is now ready for viewing.


I will be the first to admit that sighting reports are strictly anecdotal in nature, unless they are accompanied by physical evidence or photos/video. Anecdotal evidence does not constitute proof that the black panthers of Texas and the American South are real flesh and blood creatures. To dismiss sighting reports outright, however, is folly. Many species have been "discovered" after biologists and explorers took the time to listen to indigenous people and follow up on the stories. The mountain gorilla and okapi are two good examples. I am hopeful that my efforts in documenting the sightings I deem credible will lead someone with greater resources to investigate this phenomenon and find out exactly what people are seeing out there.

Just click here to go to the interactive map. Once at the site, you can click on any pin to get a brief description of what occurred there.

I hope you take the time to peruse the map. Please feel free to email me with any comments, sightings, or potential camera locations at Texascryptidhunter.blogspot.com


2 comments:

  1. 2005-2010, I remember sighting a mountain lion but black, in rural kansas, half the town was talking about it. It just seemed to vanish and no one talked about it anymore. Recent sightings in Kansas come and go. I am really interested in your book now. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    I just did a web search on large black cats in San Antonio, and found your page. I am relating to the story of the report from Valentine's day at the Japanese tea garden. Yesterday, October 26, 2018, I was showing my friend and kid the gardens. We started to go down what has to be the same path mentioned, when I heard many dogs barking fiercely at something from off to the left of the path. Shortly after, we saw a large black shape swaggering towards us. We stopped and decided we should not continue down the path. Very large black cat, long rounded tail, he turned into the field on the side of the path. We turned around, also informing a couple with a very small child (about 2-3 years old) they may not want to go down that path. They thankfully obliged, and stayed by the gardens. We could not report it to the park, since it was after close, so this must have been around 5:30 pm. My kid wanted to call the cops, but the cat was gone, and I didn't see how they would get out there quick enough to see it.
    Quite odd to see almost the exact same story happened on Valentine's day at the same location...weird. it sounds almost exactly the same as my encounter. Please make note of it in your researching...

    ReplyDelete